Plymouth's 150th Celebration
Thursday, June 29--Plymouth Community Band Concert
Join the Plymouth Community Band at 7:30 p.m. in Kellogg Park. The Plymouth Communty Band will explore music from the last 150 years at its 2017 Thursday night concerts.
Friday, June 30--Music in the Air Concert--Steve King & The Dittilies
The Plymouth DDA's Music in the Air Friday night concert series continues with Steve King & The Dittiles! The Plymouth Historic Museum will be sharing a piece of Plymouth history before each Friday concert this season!
Sunday, July 2--Plymouth 150th OVA Fun Run/Walk
Whether you’re an avid runner or just enjoy a nice stroll with your family – come join us for a 3-mile family fun run/walk. The course is mapped out for people of all ages to take part in the Old Village 5K Fun Run! Each participant will receive a bib, tee shirt and race packs full of goodies. The race will kick off at 9 a.m., take you through the lovely streets of downtown Plymouth, finishing in the heart of Old Village. To register for the race – go to
Sunday, July 2--"Yankee Doodle Dandy" (1942) FREE showings at Penn Theatre
Free showings at 4:15 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Plymouth Community Band
- Michigan Philharmonic
- Plymouth Historical Museum
- Plymouth District Library
- Plymouth Community Chamber of Commerce
Monday, July 3--Movie in the Park
What better way to spend a summer night than under the stars with your family watching a movie. Kellogg Park will host the “Movie in the Park” on Monday, July 3 as the sun goes down, roughly an 8 p.m. start. The movie is free for all to enjoy and promises to be family friendly. Snacks, popcorn and beverages will be available for purchase and will add to the fun, making for a great night in the City surrounded by the ones you love!
Tuesday, July 4 – “Good Morning USA” Fourth of July Parade and Ice Cream Social
I scream, you scream, we ALL scream for Ice Cream!! There are few things better on a hot summer day than a rich, delicious, cold treat like ice cream! An American classic used to sweeten the post-parade time just as the warmest part of the day hits us. Please join us for an Ice Cream Social to wrap up the weekend long celebration of the City of Plymouths 150th Anniversary.
Ice Cream Social sponsor:
The City of Plymouth Police Department will be honoring Plymouth's 150th Anniversay in a special way. (Click link to read more)
Check out the Plymouth Historical Museum's special exhibit, "Celebrating Plymouth--150 Years" starting on January 13, 2017. Visit plymouthhistory.org for details and museum hours.
- Wednesday, July 26--Celebrating Plymouth's 150th Birthday at the Plymouth Historical Museum. Raffle, Refreshments
- 150th Anniversary Mini Exhibits at the Plymouth District Library (through October). Featuring brief histories, photos and interesting memorabilia.
- Kids Activity at the Plymouth District Library. Collage of what kids love about Plymouth and kids can sign a huge "Happy Birthday Plymouth" card to be carried in the Fourth of July Parade.
- "History About the Town" activity. Businesses in Downtown Plymouth and Old Village will have unique historical facts about Plymouth's history. Each display will include a code for participants to record on their activity sheets or mobile devices, with participants completing the activity eligible to win a prize package.
- "Celebrating Plymouth History" Video. Produced by Highway Media courtesy of PARC, Friends of the Penn, Plymouth Historical Museum and Old Village. Video will be shown several times at the Penn Theatre in late summer/early fall with post-viewing parties.